Part of the World Leading GALM Series the Inaugural Lightweight Vehicle Manufacturing: Joining, Forming & Assembly Summit 2015 is coming to Birmingham on November 18-19, 2015.
Running across three continents and supported by over 1500 global delegates, 150 exhibitors and combining over 130 hours of OEM led presentations over the last 10 editions, the GALM series is proud to announce its first manufacturing-focused event in Europe.
Focusing specifically on reducing the costs and complexity of high volume manufacturing processes with the special emphasis on multi material joining, forming and assembly advancements for next generation lightweight vehicles, Lightweight Vehicle Manufacturing: Joining, Forming & Assembly Summit (Birmingham, 18-19th November 2015) will allow the leading experts from OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and technology providers to converge to one location to discuss the most critical areas within manufacturing and assembly processes to enable delivery of next-generation lightweight materials to the forecourt.
This is the first manufacturing-focused GALM event in Europe with a specific focus on joining, forming & assembly for lightweight materials.
Speakers include: Ford, Mazda, Volkswagen, Renault & more.
Session highlights include:
- MULTI-MATERIAL JOINING: Leveraging Joining Methods With Diverse Material Combinations To Reduce The Number Of Tools And Costs Of Multi-Material Joining
- COMPOSITE PRODUCTION: Unveiling The Moulding Processes Leading The Way In Reducing Costs And Cycle Times To Allow Widespread Composite Adoption
- ASSEMBLY INTEGRATION: How To Adopt New Materials, Forming, and Joining Tools Into An Assembly Process With Minimum Disruption To Production
- METAL FORMING: Comparing Methods To Cost-Effectively Create Parts From High Strength Steel, Aluminium And Magnesium
- LATEST JOINING TOOLS: Reviewing The Latest Adhesives, Mechanical And Welding Techniques To Cost- And Time-Sensitively Join Multi-Material Architectures
- MANUFACTURING COST REDUCTION: From Automation And Simulation To Repair, Hear Which Technologies Are Reducing The Cost Of Manufacturing
For more information, visit: www.lightweight-vehicle-manufacturing-europe.com