The Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME) is pleased to reveal the keynote speakers that will present at the 2014 AME "Excellence Inside" Conference. The conference, taking place November 10-14, 2014 in Jacksonville, Florida offers attendees the prospect of discovering new inspiration and direction within their industry, as well as the opportunity to learn directly from world-renown lean leaders and thinkers.
Each keynote presentation offers a unique take on the conference theme, "Strategic Success through People-Powered Excellence." Speakers include:
- James Bonini, vice president of Toyota Production System Support Center at Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, will deliver a keynote address that examines Toyota's ongoing development of its famous Toyota Production System while discussing the challenging roles that senior leadership must contend with while implementing it.
- Carey Lohrenz, among her many accolades, is known for being the first woman to become an F-14 Tomcat fighter pilot in the U.S. Navy. During her keynote, Lohrenz will relate her own hard-won lessons for succeeding under incredible pressure, discussing the importance of dedication and inspiration in leadership roles, and the challenge of making command decisions with integrity.
- Jerry Bussell, president of Lean Associates LLC, will delve into how to inspire organization-wide change that resonates with every employee and stakeholder. Beyond superficial pep talks, Bussell will present strategies for inspiring long-lasting, positive change and discuss the importance of motivating leadership at all levels.
- Erik Wahl is, among other things, an internationally recognized graffiti artist, author and speaker, who will focus on how stepping outside of our comfort zones can lead to disruptive innovation. His lively and innovative presentation emphasizes the importance and power of creativity outside traditional settings.
- Cheryl Cran will examine the importance of the modern "race for talent,” discussing the challenge of finding and keeping great employees in today's highly competitive market. She will look at the values that are relevant to different generations of workers and examine the importance of creating competitive strength and expanding our capacity for innovation.
- Janet Lapp has worked in a variety of roles in healthcare for more than 30 years, created her own highly rated television show and worked extensively with the Center for Leadership Development. In her keynote presentation, Lapp will focus on empowerment in leadership roles, discussing the importance of recognizing opportunity when it arrives and thriving in the face of fast-paced change.
- Simon Sinek is an ethnographer and adjunct staff member of the well-respected think tank, the RAND Corporation. He will discuss the importance of creating a work culture that's conducive to community and teamwork, empowering each team member to accomplish work that inspires and invests them in the continuing success of their organization.
- Billy Taylor, director of commercial manufacturing in North America at the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, will focus on the importance of not only fully realizing your corporate brand, but effectively communicating it. Taylor will discuss how clearly conveying the importance of the company's vision to employees and stakeholders can have an incredible effect on any organization's improvement strategies.
The Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the journey of continuous improvement and enterprise excellence. AME’s membership is composed of a trusted network of volunteers who are committed to leveraging the practitioner-to-practitioner and company-to-company shared-learning experience. Through engaging workshops, plant tours, webinars, summits and industry-leading conferences, AME members are continually discovering and implementing new continuous improvement strategies and best practices. AME offers its members a multitude of valuable resources to help them stay abreast of current industry developments and improve the skills, competitiveness and overall success of their organizations. Join AME in leading the “Renaissance of Manufacturing in North America."
For more information or to register, visit: www.amejacksonville.org